Re: [gardeners] Saturday in the garden

Ron Hay (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 08:43:39 -0700

penny x stamm wrote:

> George, do those veggies dehydrate satisfactorily simply by
> leaving them open to the air on the kitchen counter?
>
> Do deer roam in your territory? I always thought of them as
> cool weather animals . . .
>
> Penny, NY

> Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Good morning, Penny,

Deer range all throughout our mountains in Southern California, as
well,and regularly raid gardens during any season....but are
particularly fond of roses, and of jumping into swimming pools in search
of water during our long dry season.

We inherited a half dozen roses from one of Vivian's colleagues who has
a lovely home at the boundry of the Angeles National Forest, and who
simply gave up trying to keep the deer from eating the blossoms. Even
lion urine didn't work!

Ron