Re: [gardeners] buddleia needs help

margaret lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:44:25 -0600

At 10:46 AM 6/7/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>At 07:17 AM 6/7/00 -0600, you wrote:
>>Cover it. Maybe even cut it way back, then cover it. If you're reluctant to
>>cut it back, at least cover it with a sheet from the noon sun, Barb.
>>Margaret L
>
>How did you know I'd be reluctant to cut it back, Margaret?  :-)  I gritted
>my teeth and got a few cuttings off.  I don't know if you remember, but
>it's the one I got at Flora several years ago, only something like $1.79.
>How did yours do?  I haven't gardened in a couple years, so I don't know
>when it happened, but was surprised last week to see Flora isn't open to
>the public any longer.
>Barb, who in 2 years has forgotten more than she ever knew about gardening

Mine did fine. I've been cutting them back to about 6 inches above ground,
but this spring did not. They're in a slightly shady spot, and haven't
grown as tall as they should. I let them go this spring, the tallest about
4 feet, but next spring we'll cut them back again. Flora had a going out of
business sale when they had such cheap prices. Then they changed their
minds and were open for business the next spring. I think this year is when
they decided to wholesale only. Sterling is going out of retail business
this month, or so I've been told by employees. Hope you didn't have severe
health problems keeping you from gardening for two years. Regards, Margaret