Re: [gardeners] Holly tree in SoCal?

Ron Hay (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 13:03:29 -0700

Hello, Carol,

Here in our yard in Van Nuys we have a Japanese holly growing that is about
15' tall, doubtless planted by the previous (Japanese) owner. It has black
berries and tiny white flowers and is an extremely vigorous plant, which we
may or may not decide to keep, since it is beginning to encroach on our
Bearss lime. We will decide that question later this year.

I see no reason why holly trees of one sort or another cannot flourish here.

Ron