Re: [gardeners] Apricot thieves!

Ron Hay (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 06:04:28 -0700

Good morning, Penny,

Thank you for your suggestion. The problem with netting is that our
2-y.o. tree is now about 20' tall, and it would be a real trick to be
able to get netting over a tree of that height, since we don't have a
ladder that tall.

Yesterday, after having lost 8 'cots which were 80-95% ripe, I purchased
a plastic inflatable snake which is about 4' long, and draped it in the
crux of the branches just above the trunk. Score this morning: squirrels
0, Hays 50:)

The birds seem dazzled by the vendor-sample CD Roms that Vivian brought
home from the L.A. Times, so, that, at least, appears to be working.

Let's see how many apricots (Vivian's favorite fruit!) we can harvest
this week:)

Thanks again,

Ron