Re: [gardeners] Apricot thieves!

Seana Ames (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 14:02:56 MDT

Ron,  I am so sorry!  I can imagine your disapointment.  I have been
following the saga of THE APRICOT THEIVES!  Your story brought back Easter
memories.   Our first Easter in CO., I was "woken by the kids" only to find
that THE SQUIRRELS had absonded with the candy from the plastic eggs & eaten
our beautifully decorated, hard boiled eggs, too! (The Hogs!)  I was
somewhat dismayed, having taken the trouble to be out at o'dark thirty to
play Easter Bunny & then sneaking back to bed before the kids woke.  It was
such a beautiful spring day with the sun shining throught the trees & all
the bulbs up & blooming.  I had artistically hidden the eggs, mapping them &
color cordinating them, of course, among the flowers, so they would be hard
to find.  All we found were a few wrappers, plastic shells & colored egg
shell bits.  I was imagining squirrel dinner for Easter at that point but
now I laugh about it.  We knew not to let the dogs out there alone but had
never lived where there were squirrels before.  I hope your Snake is Big &
Bad & scares them away - whatever THEY are!  Good luck!

Seana