Re: [gardeners] Kimchee

Mon, 04 Sep 2000 08:24:08 -0500

Yeah, they do segregate the crabs. They can tell by the shape of the bottom
shell which is male and which is female. The she-crab supposedly is fatter thus
sweeter to the taste. Never could tell the difference myself. Down here we, by
law, must put female crabs back if they have an egg mass attached. A
conservation ploy that appears to work to a certain extent. Now if they would
just put a limit on crabs caught by commercial crabbers.

George