Re: [gardeners] Re: Heat wave

Mon, 04 Sep 2000 08:27:27 -0500

I love walnuts, particularly black walnuts but will eat "English" walnuts if
that's all I can get. Black walnuts and hickory nuts are a real pain to get the
nutmeat out of but a cake made with either is so outstanding that it is often
worth the effort.

I have a cousin in Joplin, MO with a huge black walnut tree. Used to go up there
every year and bring a couple of burlap bags full of them home. Don't go up much
anymore as his new wife and I don't get along at all but did offer to pay him to
ship me a crate of them. That's how bad my addiction is. Now if I can just find
a big hickory tree.

George