Re: [gardeners] This week in the garden

Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:33:46 -0500

If you don't have the brown cutworm you probably don't need the collars. In case
you do here's how they're made (easier tomake from foil but I have made from
triple thickness of newsprint), cut a strip two inches wide and six inches long,
fold into a 1 inch by 3 inch strip and wrap around the stem of the seedling
coles at the point where they touch the ground. Keeps the cut worm from climbing
the plant or eating it off at ground level.

George