Re: [gardeners] Cooking from the garden

Penny Nielsen (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 02 Jan 2001 13:48:23 -0400

Congrats on your 40th George.  I'll be`pleased to see my 30th.

Penny

>>> Shirley 12/27/00 12:29PM >>>
Yup! I've cooked many "multi-grain" loaves of bread and the grapenuts is one of
my favorites. Adds crunch to the loaf and the wheat germ adds lots of flavor. I
generally bake all my bread and make pizza dough from half whole wheat bread
flour. All whole wheat loaves, even with gluten added, tend to be heavier than I
like. Haven't tried a pumpernickle yet but have done a fairly respectable rye
bread.

I'm hoping for another 40 years but unless the current state of health doesn't
improve drastically I may only make another 20 or 30. <VBG>

George