Re: [gardeners] Weather report

Shirley,George (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 16:44:22 -0600

It actually hit 70F here today, started the day with 35 and ended up with a high
of 70. Thought I might have to turn the air conditioning on in my new car. Yup,
it's a done deal, we're now driving a 2001 Hyundai Elantra and it's a really
nice car. It's our first new car since 1976 as we have always bought last year's
used car. I really like the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty on EVERYTHING. I
sprung for an extra few hundred bux to get that big warranty. Takes a load off
of my mind, covers everything but batteries, belts, hoses, tires, and brake
pads. Miz Anne hasn't seen it yet as she's still at school but I expect she will
like it too. Took 8 hours to close the deal and drive out of the dealership.
Interest rate is a little higher than I wanted but was still 3 points below what
my credit union wanted. Actually got 1500 bux for my old Ford truck with 150K on
it and that was 500 more than I expected. Whew! Glad all that's over, I'm a
nervous wreck, I don't like all the dickering, etc that goes on during a car
deal. Didn't even eat lunch today so look out dinner, here I come.

George