Re: [gardeners] Saturday in the garden

Shirley,George (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 08:03:17 -0600

Posts set ten feet apart with two wires stretched between starting at 10 inches
above the ground and the next one 36 inches above that. You then train the
brambles to grow on them and keep them properly pruned so they spread along the
wires. Several places on the web have pruning instructions. My mother grew them
for years in just that manner as she only had a barbwire fence near the house
and the cows who lived on the other side of it would eat the berries and vines.
Sheesh, that's been more than 50 years ago, I'm amazed I can still remember it.

George