Re: [gardeners] Raccoons

Bargyla Rateaver (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:54:43 +0100

if i were doing everything over, now, i would FIRST build a 10 ft high cement
wall all around and put broken glass on the top, and then I would emclose all
the inside part with stainless steel wire netting, top and sides.  In the long
run, that would be cheaper and permanent and without worry about pests or
thieves.

One can use empty plastic milk bottles instead of coffee cans. Cut off the milk
bottle at the proper level and shove the bottom edge into the soil around the
plant. Gets more light inside and is easy to handle or replace.

--

Bargyla Rateaver
http://home.earthlink.net/~brateaver