Re: [gardeners] Penny's 18" grass

Mon, 01 Oct 2001 21:17:51 -0500

Our liriope grows about 12 inches wide by 12 inches tall and has purple bloom spikes in the spring.
I mow it every spring so it doesn't look so ratty all year. We have a narrow leaf variety around
another flower bed that hasn't bloomed once and is rather skimpy. The wide leaf variety is so
prolific we yank half of it out every two years and set it on the curb with "Free" sign on it. Never
lasts more than an hour and it's all gone. Most folks around here call it "monkey grass", don't ask
me why, no monkeys have ever grazed on ours. The stuff grows well down here.

George