Re: [gardeners] Red Passion Flower

Bargyla Rateaver (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 19:59:48 +0100

--------------21C952CB5DA55120E3F62E1E

 Way at the start, when I first got this place, I enclosed the back end
ENTIRELY  with wire netting, for security of fruit. Yet I find now that some
human has just cut through it, a big swath, for entrance to the fruit
garden.
   At first I thought--animals-- but finally figured out only a human could
do that kind of damage. Cut ends as tho done by scissors, not teeth.
   So I have put wire netting still higher all around==10 ft high..  And
yesterday I went to the front yard and found most of a shrub destroyed
there, where someone tried to get in, crashing from above the netting. Those
trees/ shrubs take years to develop---a big loss.

Neighbor tells me it is not the neighborhood-- thefts occurring even in La
Jolla, the rich people's territory.

When I think of all the years of effort, the times I loaded my car with
stinky manure, the many seaweed sprays, etc etc, and all for nothing except
to satisfy a thief.

I have one huge sapote tree by the sidewalk, and it just pours out fruits
now, but thieves don't bother it. Fruits fall all over the street and
sidewalk, a big job at least 2x a day to keep cleaned off. Why don't they
steal those???

--

Bargyla Rateaver
http://home.earthlink.net/~brateaver