Re: [gardeners] Gardening/food/George

Tue, 02 Apr 2002 08:01:35 -0600

May be true for people who exercise as the carbs will give them extra energy. I love PB&J sammiches
but only allow myself one a month. I like honey and peanut butter on crackers but don't eat it
anymore. I do try to watch my intake of carbs but every once in awhile I have to have a small bit of
baked potato or some rice. My GP says in moderation and counted into the diet it shouldn't hurt. It
sure tastes good though, I like meat but also like veggies. I'm slowly figuring out what raises my
blood sugar and what doesn't. Sometimes I eat everything right, take my meds, exercise moderately
and the blood glucose still jumps up over 140. Go figure.

George