Re: [gardeners] a spring full of chores

M T (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:38:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi Penny,

LOL! Aren't friends great!

 One friend up in Glouster (Virginia) took most of the concrete rubble
away. All we had to do was stack it by the driveway and help him load
it. Took about 2 months to get rid of all of it. He was using a regular
pickup and we couldn't leave a huge pile in the front yard. The local
civic league is pretty good about not letting the neighboorhood slide
downhill.

 Another friend has his own business and let us use his store dumpster
for the wooden trash. He stopped by with his delivery van every few
weeks and we kept at it till it was gone.

 Some material has been delivered and some of it other friends have
helped us pick up.
 Most of it has been the two of us with friends stopping by to help out
here and there.

 I still can't believe I honestly expected to have most things done by
*last* spring! Between work and money, it has taken a little longer
than expected. <VBG>

The dwarf iris and crocust are blooming! Spring is coming too soon...

Stay warm,
Matt