RE: [gardeners] Happy Easter!

Terry (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 23:49:57 -0700

Hi Penny,

For my two hybrid Clematis (Nelly Moser & Niobe) that are still doing well,
although very slow growers, I use creeping phlox.  For my alpina Clematis I
use tri-colored sedum & pansies or petunias.  In addition two of my alpinas
are planted next to my deck & patio so I coincidentally have a very large
terracotta pot that shades the area at midday.

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of pennyx1@juno.com
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2003 9:47 PM
To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [gardeners] Happy Easter!

Terry, I've had mixed luck with the clematis -- one lives on,
blooms very well, but it turns brown all the way up to 3/4's
of the top, halfway thru the summer. I am told that it is an
airborne disease, and it cetainly is ugly .. the plant lives on,
and the top continues to flower.

The others which I've planted have died. What do you use to
shade their roots from the hot summer sun?

Penny, NY  zone 6

.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!