Re: [gardeners] Sunday in the garden

Mon, 26 May 2003 08:44:00 -0500

We would certainly love to have some of your rain Penny. We're more than
seven inches behind on the year and have had no appreciable rain in over
a month. We're certainly glad we have the soaker hoses for all the
gardens as the city is about to ban open sprinkling because it wastes
water. Because we pay a flat monthly rate for water/sewer/trash pickup
(no meters)a lot of citizens believe they can just turn a sprinkler on
in the morning and go off for the day. I went through the back gate to
the neighbors house behind us on Sunday as his yard, mostly hardpan with
a little grass, had a large pool of water standing on it and the
sprinkler was still running. He and his lady friend had gone to a
crawfish boil and forgotten about it. And he's a nice guy too, just
forgot to turn the sprinkler off.

Barbeque = the white haired old guy with glasses fires up the grill and
cooks most of the meal whilst the womenfolk sit around with glasses of
cold beverages and encourage him. <VBG>

George