Re: [gardeners] bulbing fennel

Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:09:34 -0500

We've had it reseed and grow bulbs in the spring but they fade quick in
our summer heat. Miz Anne likes to leave at least one to go to flower
for the butterflies to have a place to lay eggs. I've eaten enough
Finocchio Fennel to last me, how much licorice tasting plant can one
eat? <VBG>

This year we have parsley and carrots going to bloom and seed for the
butterflies and we've only seen about 3 butterflies so far.

Was doing a little weeding and clearing of some more oregano yesterday
evening and tried to weed a big fat toad. Toss up as to who was the most
frightened. Ever see a toad fly? Boy, this one did when I grabbed him.
Thankfully he wasn't hurt and I put him back in the oregano bed to
continue his job.

George