Re: [gardeners] Saturday in the garden of love

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:22:20 -0500

Finger food, it was very hot out there at 4 pm, even under the pavilion
roof. Sliced up veggies with dip, fried chicken, small deli type
sandwiches, jelly bellies (hey there were kids there), non-alcoholic
punch and wedding cake.

We didn't do all the work, the youngsters did most of it, Miz Anne and I
arranged the flowers we brought, I helped move the picnic tables to make
an aisle, and then we went to middle grandson's apartment to rest awhile
before the wedding. There were a lot of surrogate grandkids at the
wedding in addition to our real ones. Daughter's ex remarried and had
another child and Bailey thinks she's my grandkid too since her
half-siblings (all grown) go pick her up occasionally and keep her for
the weekend. The little ones seems to like grey haired old men with
glasses and a kindly face. <VBG>

George