Re: [tomato] manure

margaret lauterbach (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 09:41:20 -0700

At 11:00 AM 3/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Louis
>
>Think you miss read what I said, I said cow which is the female of the
>bovines, A steer is a castrated bull or male of the species. (don't
>think I need to mention parts removal) A calf usually refers to a
>young bovine without  gender reference. Or a least it did when I
>was on the farm.
>
>Byron

Byron, if a calf of either gender is born with two stomachs, they'll have
them forever, regardless of whether they're pruned to become steers.  I
think that was the gist of Louis's post.  You said cow manure would be less
likely to contain weed seeds because they have one more stomach than
steers.  Margaret