[tomato] Re: TMV virus transmission

Lazaro Eustaquio Pereira Peres (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 16:13:01 +0000 (GMT)

The transmission of TMV by smokers was a problem in the past because some
tomato growers (at least in Brazil) had their fingers contaminated in the
preparation of  home made cigarettes.  The virus was transmitted by the
contaminated fingers especially in the pruning process. There are some TMV
resistant cultivars. One of then are "VFNT Red Cherry" (T = TMV
resistance).

Lazaro Peres
Brazil