Re: [gardeners] Nigella - Love in a mist

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 07:06:04 -0700

At 10:22 PM 1/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 10:48 PM 1/10/98 PST, you wrote:
>>Cynthia,
>>
>>Good, good.  I'm glad to hear that. I might have received the seeds
>>from you, maybe Cheryl.  I'd have to check.  I know it was a "C"
>>lady. :)
>>
>>Lillian
>
>Must have been Cheryl, I only put them in this past spring for the first
>time.  I did collect some seed and used the pods in some crafts.  If none
>pop back up for you, let me know and I'll send you some seed.
>
>Cynthia (who chortled when I saw that a few dried Nigella pods were selling
>for $6 at a local craft show)
>

>**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
>**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
>** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **
>** http://rdz.stjohns.edu/lists/fiftysomethingwomen/ **

How did you get them started?  Friends say "oh, just throw them on the
ground..."  Nigella didn't germinate for me like that.  Of course, I do
have the world's population of California quail, house finches and sparrows
eating everything loose in my yard...Margaret