Re: [gardeners] Nigella - Love in a mist

Cynthia Mayeaux (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 12:57:00 -0500

At 07:06 AM 1/11/98 -0700, you wrote:

>How did you get them started?  Friends say "oh, just throw them on the
>ground..."  Nigella didn't germinate for me like that.  Of course, I do
>have the world's population of California quail, house finches and sparrows
>eating everything loose in my yard...Margaret

just covered the seeds with 1/8" of soil.  Nothing special.

Give those birds something better to eat... bird feeder in another area
with niger, sunflower seeds and cracked corn for the quail.

I didn't try starting them indoors, don't know if they take kindly to
transplanting, but hey, thy're annuals, can't you be brutal with annuals
and still have them flourish?

Cynthia

**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **
** http://rdz.stjohns.edu/lists/fiftysomethingwomen/ **