Re: [gardeners] Mother's Cooking was Seeds

Cheryl & Erich Schaefer (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 20:38:51 -0500 (EST)

>Margaret wrote:
>
>> We learned what "no" meant.
>
>Margaret is right!  Learning by doing (and not doing) taught some of
>us old people to avoid dangers and perils on our own.  By the time we
>were out of folding pants, we had learned to recognize villians,
>miscreants, and boors . . . to our benefit.  Some of us don't cotton
>to the Federalies telling us when to burp, when to go potty, and how
>to do it when we get there.  One can carry "managed living" just so
>far before some of the peasants revolt.
>Pat

Yikes! The list is overrun with you folks. :-)) American peasants are too
conservative and complacent to revolt, IMHO, but I'd just better keep my
liberal democratic mouth shut, except where gardening is concerned. 8-X.
Love you all just the same. Cheryl

Cheryl Schaefer
schaefer @epix.net
Zone 5 in the fabulous Finger Lakes of NY