Re: [gardeners] This weekend

Catharine Vinson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 22:51:14 +0000

> At 10:54 AM 2/28/98, George wrote:
> >What's cooking in everyone's gardens right now?

I am so far behind reading mail I will never catch up. My garden is in
shambles. I have not started any seed. ARGH.

Next week will be better, I hope.

Anyway, following are blooming:

daffodils (never been prettier)
camellias (japonicas) (never been more gorgeous or plentiful)
forsythia
scilla and all the wee little spring bulbs
hellebores (mine have really taken off....it's like a carpet of them in
one area)
Winter daphne
Winter honeysuckle
lungworts
lamium
Armand's clemantis
Pieris
Bradford pears
Magnolia souleiana (can't spell)
dianthus
pansies, violas, johnny jumpups
wallflowers
sweet peas
bolting bok choi (about 4-5 feet high and beautiful)
bolting komatsuna (about 4-5 feet high and splendid)
various witch hazels

It's being a very wierd spring. Everything is out of sych. We'll probably
have a blizzard in april.

Catharine
Atlanta, zone 7b