Re: [gardeners] Saved!

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 21:21:41 +0000

asidv@fbg.net <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> In the Texas Hill Country, the fireant reigns supreme. With their
> voracious appetites and breeding habit they have all but eradicated
> fleas, Lyme ticks, roaches, scorpions, and pillbugs. They have also
> bitten all residents -- four and two legge -- increased the sales of
> repellants, and contributed to the "Hill Country Salute" (a discreet
> scratching when one hopes he/she is unobserved!).	A common subject
> of conversation hereabouts is therefore, "Does the fireant represent
> a blessing or a curse?"

Fox network seeks to answer that question this Wednesday evening with
their presentation "Reign of Fire:  Killer Ants".  Tonight while
watching King of the Hill -- a show that features many Texans -- we
saw a number of ads for this decidedly low-tech, low brow thriller.
I can hardly wait!

I don't know whether it features thighs but it did include a shot of
ants carrying a finger.

Liz