Re: [gardeners] Texians

Catharine Vinson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:24:33 +0000

Margaret wrote:

> come on, Pat, of course you're homo sapiens.  Besides, you're an Idahooan
> by birth.

Ma was unlucky enough not to be born in Texas. She was smart enough to
move there as a bride. Father's either a 3rd or 4th generation native
(right, Mother?), and I was born in the Great State, too (thanks,
Mother!). And I gotta state for the record that when it comes to all
things good that make a Texan, Mother is in the top 10. I know no finer
Texan.

Catharine, who would offer as one essential visual definition of a Texan:
a Colt .45 hanging on the wall underneath a hand-lettered sign that says,
"We don't call 911" <bg>