Re: [gardeners] Hummingbirds

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 05 Sep 1998 23:16:33 -0600

On Sat, 05 Sep 1998 15:17:39, George Shirley wrote:

>Forgot to mention that the hummingbirds are passing through on their way
>south. Have seen several over the past few days and put the test feeder
up
>this morning. Several little heliocopters have been fighting over it since
>so guess I'll put up a couple more. Looks to be mostly ruby throat females
>although it is difficult for me to tell the ruby throat and black chin
>females apart. Did see one immature male ruby throat but a bigger female
>ran him off. Back to the patio door.
>
>George

Is this late for them in your area George?  I had a few pass through in
August but saw one again yesterday!  Seeing one here in Sept. is unheard
of!  Must be the long hot spell we're having.  It's been over 80 and
sometimes 90 here for at least 2 weeks.  Things are getting mighty crispy,
not good with hunting season just starting.

Terry