Re: [gardeners] Re:Scalleywags? Definately one word. ;-)

Allen and Judy Merten (
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 21:03:35 -0500

Hi Gayle,
    The old folks used the term "scalleywags" in combination with
"carpetbaggers" and "damnyankees".
Bastrop Co.,Tx

Gayle Fields wrote:

> I seem to be missing something here.  I thought you were talking about
> Texans. A scalleywag is a British term for a tar gone adrift I think.
> I find it amusing that a land state would use such a term.  Please
> enlighten this prairie bound mountain shrouded soul what you call a
> scalleywag!!  Texas in the Caribbean is what I am envisioning!!
> Gayle
> --