Re: [gardeners] Re: Mycorrhiza questions...

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 07:07:12 -0600

At 08:19 PM 10/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Margaret,
>    Thanks for the information. Many times it has been quite a juggling
act to
>try to rotate plantings so I can replant other things in say June like
peanuts,
>sweet potatos, sunflowers and Southern Peas. Part of the problem is
winding up
>with plants that are still producing in the middle of where I need to till
etc.
>Its a pain to work around those islands. Will this work for peppers, also?
>Allen
>Bastrop Co.,Tx

No.  I do rotate potatoes, peppers, and eggplants.  Try to move sweet corn
around as well.  Sweet potatoes don't need to be rotated, though.  Do you
bake your sweet potatoes?  A sweet potato 2 or 3 inches in diameter can be
microwaved for about 5 minutes, turned 90 degrees and turned over then
nuked another 5 minutes, then put in foil to rest, and tastes as good as
oven-baked.  I cut in rounds and top with margarine or Brown & Brummel
stuff.  Yummm.  Margaret