Re: [gardeners] Re: You have rocks??

Michael & Bambi Cantrell (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 00:16:39 -0500

Very, very true Pat!  LOL.  I think I'd rather buy the rock, even if it is
more expensive!

In our area of the country, we have very large areas of naturally white
sand which is really beautiful.  Back in my grandmother's day, they
would get wagon loads of it to put fresh sand on the living room floor,
after they swept out last years sand.  They did this every spring, or more
often if needed.  It kept the splinters and sap off their feet from the
floor.

They would routinely rake the living area and sweep the front yard, as they
also kept the yards completely free of anything green.  Just pure white
sand.  It reallly did look nice right after it had been swept.  We children
couldn't wait to get our foot prints in the sand, but were forbidden to
mess it up until necessary.  :-)  The flowers and gardens were not right up
next
to the house, but were away from it.

They were green and growing, you see, and only white trash had green things
growing in the front yard around the porch.   :-)

Bambi
Coastal Carolina