Re: [gardeners] planting time in New England

margaret lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 07:58:49 -0700

At 11:14 PM 3/7/99 -0500, you wrote:
>But --- Margaret and everybody, we could not possibly till the earth
>in the cold and wet condition in which it exists right now.
>
>We had a complete snow cover last night for about 12 hours
>before it melted down. And the wind is threatening to tear the
>roof off the house. If I were a seed pea, I would want to remain in
>a cozy box on the kitchen counter, until better days had arrived.
>
>Penny, NY zone 6 -- still winter

Didn't Jimmy get a chance to shovel?  Penny, we live at nearly opposite
ends of this continent.  How could your garden be exactly like mine?  Are
you as unhappy about it as I am?  Margaret