Re: [gardeners] Friday in the garden

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:17:00 -0500

Hi All,
    As you can see, I'm still trying to catch up on my email. Re: mixing "spackle
into the paint". This is a good method to use if you keep in mind that it is really a
method to texture and prime at the same time. It is not intended to be a one step
only method. Especially in a high humid climate like southern Fla., you will still
need to apply a finish coat of paint to keep the texture from absorbing moisture and
mildewing. The "mix" usually winds up being a flat "open" coat that readily absorbs
moisture and dirt. It is very difficult to clean. I recommend using a semi-gloss or
gloss latex interior finish paint.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.
    SE Central Tx.