Re: [gardeners] gourd pollination

Tantrika (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 21:36:00 -0700

At 01:46 PM 7/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
>eventually. Do keep the vines out of the house though as they frighten
>children and pets when they crawl up on them. ;-)
>
>George

GIGGLE!

That was SO cute!

I'm new to the gardener's list, though I know a few of you from tomato list
and chile list.  (No rotten veggies please! )

I have scads of pepper plants and tomato plants but also a whole bed of
melons, and corn and pumpkins as well as lots of basil and herbs and
lettuce.

The melons I've planted are sonora, a miniature watermelon and a
charmelle<?> melon as well as cantaloupe.  Anyone dealt with them?  know
that they taste like (except the watermelon).

I also have a whole bed of cukes and am curious why certain plant's leaves
are getting white or burnt and crumbly, when the rest of the plants are
perfectly wonderful, even the same cultivars...from the same seed packet or
six pack.  I have 15-20 cucumbers in my 4x10 bed, but it's not crowding now
as they are still young plantlets ;)

My garden is at http://www.dancinghummingbird.com/joyw/garden699

will be posting pics of my veggie beds soon

Bright Blessings
Joy

Be a Fundamentalist--make sure the Fun always comes before the mental.
Realize that life is a situation comedy that will never be cancelled. A
laugh track has been provided, and the reason why we are put in the
material world is to get more material. Have a good laughsitive twice a
day, and that will ensure regularhilarity.

--Swami Beyondananda