Re: [gardeners] Re: Heat wave

Ron Hay (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 02 Sep 2000 08:08:05 -0700

Good morning, Penny,

Those conditions are what prevail in the San Joaquin Valley and
Sacramento Valley every year, and, with irrigation, supply most of the
US with produce.

We had a rare rainstorm here on Tuesday, bringing the temperature down
from the high 90s-low 100s where they had been for weeks and weeks. We
have enjoyed a wierdly cool week after an eternity of heat. (I looked at
our water and power bill for two months ($358) and had to sit down and
mop my brow. Here's hoping the coolth will continue for a bit, to spare
us the watering and cooling which we must do each and every year.

Ron