Re: [gardeners] ashing

Bargyla Rateaver (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 22:10:53 +0100

I have had my garden now for about 20 yrs or more, and I get no aphids or
worms (except earth worms) on any plants. I long ago did get some aphids,
but not any more now. The only place i get mildew is in 3 small spots where
I just can't seem to get enough fertilizer into the soil at those spots,
apparently. Maybe should try some more, different kinds of fertilizer
there. also those spots get very little light.

I just wish more people would really believe that to avoid pests one must
make the soil very good. It seems most people so much prefer to use
remedies instead.

--

Bargyla Rateaver
http://home.earthlink.net/~brateaver