RE: [gardeners] Gardening/food/George

Rosemary Carlson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 10:31:41 -0500

George: Think I addressed your question in my post to Billie. But, I want
you to know that this diet, along with oral meds and exercise, keeps my very
brittle blood sugar NORMAL. Forgot one thing in my post to Billie. Use fewer
carbs (pasta, bread, potatoes) than on a traditional Mediterranean diet and
a bit more protein (but only chicken, turkey, fish). Get a GOOD olive oil
for dipping and drizzling. A more moderately priced one for cooking.

Thanks for the tip on Sharper Image. Do they have a website?

Rosemary

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of George Shirley
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 10:14 AM
To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [gardeners] Gardening/food/George

6 hours should be enough to do your tomatoes. Ours used to grow in about
that much until the
neighbors maple tree fell on our house and had to be cut down. I can't grow
Roma's very well here
but have grown other sauce tomatoes with success.

Sharper Image carries air ionizers, several sizes, I've seen their ads on
TV.

What, pray tell, is the Mediterranean diet? I'm diabetic too and I just
sorta watch my carb intake.

George