Re: [gardeners] Wednesday, pretty close to the garden

Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:41:59 -0500

One of them we have no name for, got it from an elderly neighbor who couldn't remember and the local
rosarians aren't familiar with it. The other is "Anne's Red", purchased for Miz Anne by our daughter
from the Texas Rose Rustler's. Another is a pale cream with pink tints that we also don't know the
name of, it is a sparse bloomer but beautiful when it does bloom. All of these take no care other
than dead heading as they are not subject to any of the ills of roses in our humid climate. The
first mentioned unknown often has a single stem with as many as 100 blooms on it, the blooms are
about 2 inches across and a deep red with mild fragrance. The "Anne's Red" is also about 2 inches
across, not as prolific a bloomer and with a milder fragrance.

You might guess that our house trim is painted "Anne's Red" also. The local paint store called it
that after Miz Anne mixed up a color she wanted and they computer matched it. Can you tell my DW
loves red?

Are you through with school yet?

George