Re: [gardeners] Wednesday, pretty close to the garden

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:15:12 -0600

At 03:03 PM 6/19/02 -0500, you wrote:
>There are actually other reasons that those two women share DNA with the
>abos, lots of native
>islanders, including aborigines were kidnapped by sailing captains and
>many escaped or were marooned
>in odd places. Just speculation on my part of course but, feasible I think.
>
>George

Someone, I think the Astorians seeking furs, discovered Pacific NW tribes
had two Japanese among their slaves.  Slaves were usually members of other
tribes, captured in war. The Japanese were probably fishermen blown
offcourse, and carried by the Japanese current to the west coast.  Margaret L