Re: [gardeners] Ex Farmland

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:06:51 -0600

At 05:11 PM 6/20/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I grow a varietal peach called Floragold, developed by the U of Florida.
>This tree is 4 years old
>and 20 feet tall with a trunk that is about 5 inches in diameter. Sets
>lots of fruit that ripen in
>late April, early May. I just have to beat the birds and squirrels to the
>fruit and sometimes I win,
>sometimes they win. It's gotten too big for me to net anymore. I may prune
>it back severely this
>fall and wait a couple of years to get fruit again.
>

>George

Okay, George, just brush aside that breechclout, and rummage around for
your quiver.  Got any arrows left?  All you need is two.  Tie a string to
one, lob an arrow over your Floragold, and it should trail the string over
the top of the tree.  Then lob your other arrow (string attached) over the
tree, and tie the ends of your strings to your net.  Where the string goes,
the net will follow.  Voila!  One thing though, you might scare your
neighbors if you go out there nekkid with a bow and arrows.  Don't do any
war whooping.  Margaret L