Re: [gardeners] gourd harvest

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 20:27:36 -0600

Run a pot up to the top of a tree on a pulley, gourds ain't particular,
I've had them grow completely over the greenhouse in a season and 20
feet up a tree to boot. We had some cushaw (greenstriped pumpkins -
growth a lot like gourds) that grew up and over the breezeway between
the house and the garage once. That's where the cat had her kittens that
year. We were surprised when it started raining kittens one day.

George