Re: [tomato] Red plastic mulch

William McKay (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 16:26:16 PST

I saw this post after I had responded to the original post.  I am
fascinated.  What kind of plastic cups did you use.  Did you go down to
the local store and buy some red plastic drink cups?

Somewhat on this same topic, the farmer I mentioned who uses red plastic
for tomatoes uses silver plastic mulch for eggplant (even though they
are in the same family).  He says it does a better job at keeping off
aphids, but I wonder if there is something else going on.

Bill M