Re: [gardeners] The Freezing Rain Warning Has Ended

jaime (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 15:22:17 -0400

Marianne Lepa <mlepa@adan.kingston.net> wrote:

> Hmmm, innerestin'....the only reference I can find to growing the stuff is
> in Phillips & Foy's 'Herbs' and they say it's easily grown from seed in any
> kind of soil. No mention of needing fresh seed or any fancy methods at all.
> You'd think something that's considered a weed wouldn't cause much trouble
> with germination, wouldn't you?

Marianne, I've been growing epazote with seed from Shepard's for
years.   Never had any difficulty with germination or anything
but the smell.  The stuff stinks to high heaven until you use
it.  Like Margaret, I've had to re-sew just about every year.
I would definitely give the Richter's seed a try.
Jaime
jknoble@warwick.net